There are a few sure signs that we are finally coming out of winter and spring is coming: longer days, warmer temps and – if you listen closely – birds singing their happy songs. It is the job of Masters Heating & Cooling to make sure that our customers’ HVAC systems are ready for the changing of the seasons and the impending summer, which will be upon us in no time. So, this blog will take a look at what should be on a homeowner’s spring checklist.
We will talk about some basic indoor/outdoor chores and projects to freshen up your home and repair anything that needs it, but first we will dive into what we know best: HVAC maintenance.
Your home’s HVAC system has endured the rigors and challenges of another wicked winter season and is due for some well-deserved maintenance. Masters’ licensed and certified air conditioning professionals stand ready to give your system a thorough 17-point system inspection.
In the event that any of your system components need repair, we will provide you with a quick, thorough estimate for the work. Same goes with replacement … we offer a full line of Carrier air conditioner solutions. We also can test your home’s indoor air quality (IAQ). IAQ is often overlooked but is integral to keeping your home’s air clean and your family healthy. Masters is happy to tell you all about our indoor air quality solutions, including a variety of Aprilaire and Carrier UV lights and air filtration systems.
Once you give your air conditioner some love, here is a quick spring checklist we think might come in helpful:
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries. Daylight Savings Time begins on March 10 (when we set our clocks ahead one hour), so this is a great time to do it
- Clean out your kitchen and bathroom cabinets. You don’t really need all that outdated food and supplies, right?
- Clean the clothes dryer vent and make sure it is exhausting free and clear.
- Thoroughly dust everything, and we mean everything, including behind furniture countertops and on top of appliances
- Wash windows, caulk and seal them and repair or replace torn screens.
- Inspect the exterior siding of your home and roof for damage. Touch up peeling paint and replace any damaged siding or trim
- Clean out gutters and downspouts and make sure outdoor water spigots and hose bibs are turned on and not leaking
- Clean up lawn furniture and get your mowers, trimmers and other outdoor tools and equipment ready.
Here in the greater Fort Wayne area spring is calling, and everyone is ready! But please make sure your home’s HVAC system is operating efficiently and safely. Call us today to schedule a spring checkup and learn about our Energy Savings Agreement. Membership includes an annual A/C tune-up, priority service and discounts on parts and labor. And please visit us on Facebook and Twitter.