Your home’s air conditioner is about as reliable as it gets. It answers the call during the heat of summer and works hard every day to keep your home cool and comfortable. All it asks in return is a little tender loving care every so often. That’s where Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc. comes in. We’re here to help you make sure your air conditioner is running at optimal efficiency.
AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE
The best way to make this happen is to schedule regular maintenance for your AC. Generally speaking, air conditioners should receive an annual inspection and tune up once per year, preferably just prior to the summer season, though it may be wise to schedule maintenance twice annually in warmer climates. Benefits of regular maintenance on your system include:
- Improved Energy Efficiency. Maintenance includes cleaning blades, cooling coils, filters and other components. When these are cleaned, the system can operate properly and efficiently, helping you save money on energy bills.
- Better Indoor Air Quality. Cleaning and replacing air filters when necessary is an important part of regular maintenance. They help keep out the airborne pollutants and allergens that can cause unhealthy indoor air quality. Cleaning the accumulated dirt and debris from other components of the system is also critical in this regard.
- Cuts Down On Service Calls. Regular maintenance can help reduce the number of costly repairs your system may incur if not attended to. Inspections and tune-ups often reveal potential issues that can be resolved before they become bigger problems.
- Prolong System Lifespan. Regular maintenance can help keep your system running the way it should for as long as it should.
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE
Regular maintenance is a must to protect the investment you have in your HVAC system. Another incentive to do so is avoiding some common air conditioning issues which can arise if your system is neglected.
- Freezing Up. As we said above, keeping the air filter and coils clean will allow air to flow freely. When these are clogged it restricts airflow and may cause freezing on the coils.
- Short Cycling. Dirty filters can also cause your air conditioner to cycle on/off more than it should. This is not only a noise nuisance but can lead to wasted energy and erratic temperature changes.
- Refrigerant Leaks. Regular maintenance should include an inspection of the refrigerant line, compressor and coils for damage; the refrigerant level should also be checked.
- Electrical Issues. An annual inspection will reveal if any of the electrical connections or components are becoming frayed or worn. Addressing these issues can prevent major problems such as a circuit board that is shorting out or failing.
MASTERS GETS THERE FASTER
Our licensed air HVAC technicians can help make sure your air conditioner is getting the attention it needs. Call us today for information on our Energy Savings Agreement maintenance plan, which makes staying on a regular maintenance schedule easy.