Did you know that environmental studies show that indoor air quality (IAQ) can be up to five times more unhealthy than the outside air? It’s true, and there are many factors that can influence your home’s indoor air quality. Airborne pollutants such as dirt, mold, and other allergens and bacteria can be sucked into your home and circulated by your HVAC system. Another contributor to IAQ issues is dust mites. These creatures are particularly pesky and tend to freak us out a bit more because they are cousins of the spider and are basically microscopic in size. This makes them a bit more creepy than inorganic pollutants. Masters Heating & Cooling Inc. offers complete indoor air quality services, from IAQ analysis to solutions, so we are all too familiar with dust mites. Read on to learn more about dust mites and how air purifiers and other solutions can help improve IAQ.
As we said above, these tiny organisms are a common allergen and can exacerbate allergy symptoms in humans. They are found in every region of the United States and thrive indoors, where they habitat in mattresses, carpets, drapes, curtains and towels, etc. They feed on the dry skin particles that we humans shed on everything and their waste product dries and causes allergic reactions. A few simple actions can help reduce dust mite activity in your home, including:
- Cover your mattresses, bedding and pillows in protective covers
- Wash your bedding at least once per week in hot water/detergent
- Treat carpet, drapes etc. with cleaning products specifically designed to eliminate dust mites.
AIR PURIFIERS & INDOOR AIR QUALITY
Another great option for getting rid of dust mites – and improving indoor air quality – is with an air purifier. Air purification systems capture and kill germs, bacteria, mold and other airborne pollutants and allergens that may be floating around your home. Masters is proud to carry a full line of Carrier air purifiers that are sure to meet your budget and IAQ needs. In addition, we also offer other products that can help improve your IAQ, including:
- Whole home humidifiers/dehumidifiers from AprilAire that controls humidity levels year-round.
- Honeywell air filters, featuring the 4-inch model with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value rating of 13 – extra filtration protection.
- Carrier UltraViolet light systems that aggressively zap mold, bacteria and other organisms festering in your home on your HVAC equipment
CALL MASTERS TODAY
Or stop by one of our locations in Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN. Our sales staff and service professional will be happy to visit with you and help you determine a solution for any IAQ concerns. You can also contact us via social media!