Battling Humidity in Your Indiana Home in the Summer
Indianapolis, Indiana is known for its humid summers and cold winters. High humidity levels can be uncomfortable, cause mold and mildew growth and even damage furniture and other items in your home. Below are some tips on how to battle humidity in your Indianapolis home, with number one of course being a dehumidifier.
- Use a Dehumidifier: A dehumidifier can be an effective tool to reduce indoor humidity levels. They work by removing moisture from the air, thus preventing mold growth and other issues. Masters Heating & Cooling offers a variety of home comfort solutions, including dehumidifiers.
- Proper Ventilation: Proper ventilation is key to controlling indoor humidity. Make sure that your home is properly ventilated, especially in areas that generate moisture such as the bathroom and kitchen. Use exhaust fans or open windows to increase ventilation and air circulation.
- Use Air Conditioning: Some may be tempted to open the windows whenever it’s sunny out or there’s a slight breeze. The reality is the fresh air may be nice, but using your home’s air conditioning removes humidity from inside while it’s keeping you cool. Make sure your AC unit is properly maintained and functioning well to help control indoor humidity.
- Use a Hygrometer: A hygrometer is a device that measures indoor humidity levels. They can be purchased relatively inexpensively and can help you monitor indoor humidity levels. Ideally, indoor humidity levels should be between 30-50%.
- Seal Windows and Doors: Make sure that your windows and doors are properly sealed to prevent outdoor humidity from entering your home.
- Check for Water Leaks: Make sure you don’t have indoor water leaks, which can cause humidity levels to rise inside your home.
Masters Heating & Cooling has the experience to help with every home comfort concern you may have, including managing the humidity levels in your indoor environment. Call Masters Heating & Cooling today to schedule an appointment with one of our Comfort Specialists. We offer only the best dehumidifier options here at Masters!