Plumbing and HVAC are two different trades and generally do not have much to do with one another. But, here at Masters Heating & Cooling Inc, we pride ourselves on being a one-stop- shop. That is, we don’t want our customers to have to call two different places to get plumbing and HVAC work scheduled. So, our service technicians not only handle plumbing issues, but can also tackle troubleshooting and resolving furnace repair and issues.
Indiana winters can be wicked, so it is imperative to keep your furnace in tip-top shape. Common signs that your furnace needs attention is not heating enough/infrequently, frequent cycling on/off and weird noises when it is running. Here are the common causes of these problems:
- Dirty filters. When filters are dirty, they make the furnace work harder. Over time, this will put undue wear and tear on all the components, making them more susceptible to breakdown.
- Faulty thermostat. The thermostat is the geeky nerd that controls the system. It tells it when to come on and how long to run. When it is malfunctioning, it can affect temperature control, heating cycles and energy usage.
- Electronic ignition/pilot light malfunctions. Problems here result in the burners not igniting, air not being heated and, of course, no heat pumping into your home.
- Limit switch malfunction. If your furnace is erratic in its cycling, this party could be the issue.
- Worn blower belt/ball bearings. A grinding sound could mean a ball bearing issue, while squealing or screeching usually points to a frayed belt. Turn off the furnace pronto and give us a call.
WATER HEATER EXPERTS
While your home’s HVAC system gets all the headlines, the water heater is also very important. In fact, it is generally the second-biggest energy user in the home and when it is not working correctly, homeowners take notice very quickly. Signs your water heater needs attention could include not heating water, or worse, a leak around the heater. Either way, give our service technicians a call today. In case of replacement, know that Masters offers A.O. Smith conventional tank heaters and Navien tankless systems. In addition to water heaters, our service pros can also handle these plumbing services and more:
- System inspection and maintenance, including main drains, pipes and fixtures
- Toilet, sink and tub repair and unclogging
- Water softener installations
MASTERS GETS THERE FASTER
Masters offers complete HVAC and plumbing services to the Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood and Mishawaka, IN areas, so stop by one of our locations or give us a call today. Also, please visit us on social media!