3 Warning Signs You Need A Heat Exchanger Repair
January in Northeastern Indiana is not the time to be without heat. If your heating system is not keeping you at the comfort level you want, call the trained professionals at Masters Heating & Cooling for every heating repair you may need, including a cracked heat exchanger. Masters has been providing quality service to the Greater Decatur area since 1980.
If you notice cracking, popping or banging when the furnace turns on, your heat exchanger is probably cracked. Continuing to run your furnace with a cracked heat exchanger can eventually cause the entire heating system to fail altogether. Most importantly, operating your furnace when you need a heat exchanger repair is dangerous for your health. You could experience very serious health issues or even death. Masters Heating & Cooling can quickly repair your cracked heat exchanger to keep you safe and comfortable for the rest of winter and for years to come.
Common Indicators Of A Cracked Heat Exchanger
In addition to the odd sounds already mentioned, these signs should not be ignored when it comes to your furnace.
- An odd odor – Often a cracked heat exchanger will emit an unpleasant smell similar to formaldehyde, which smells like a strong pickle odor.
- The presence of carbon monoxide – Carbon monoxide (CO) is colorless, odorless and tasteless. For health and safety, every home in the Indianapolis area should have a CO detector. If yours is sounding the alarm, turn off your furnace immediately, and call a professional HVAC company like Climate Control Company for help .
- Visible cracks or corrosion – If you notice cracks or corrosion on any part of your furnace, call Masters right away to schedule a thorough inspection.
Having regular furnace maintenance with a reliable HVAC company, like Masters Heating & Cooling can make the difference between having a fully functional furnace and being cold and frustrated during the coldest winter nights. During a comprehensive Masters maintenance check, one of our skilled technicians will inspect and clean your furnace inside and out to prevent serious events like this.
For a cracked heat exchanger repair or any heating need in the Angola, Fort Wayne and Greenwood areas, call Masters Heating & Cooling today for a service appointment .
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis