It’s Allergy Season – What IAQ Products Are the Best
Allergy season can be a challenging time for people who suffer from allergies or other more serious respiratory issues. Indoor air quality (IAQ) products can be very beneficial during this time, as they help to improve the air quality in your home and reduce the number of allergens that are present.
Masters Heating & Cooling Recommends These Iaq Products To Help During Allergy Season And All Year Long:
- HEPA air purifiers – These are the most effective air purifiers for removing allergens from the air, such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander and mold spores. HEPA air purifiers use a filter that captures particles as small as 0.3 microns with an efficiency of 99.97%.
- UV air purifiers – These air purifiers use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria, viruses and airborne mold spores. This is particularly beneficial for people with respiratory issues who may be more susceptible to infections.
- Dehumidifiers – Indiana summers are very humid. High humidity levels inside your home can lead to the overgrowth of mold and mildew, which not only worsens allergy symptoms and respiratory issues but can also negatively affect furniture, drywall and flooring. Dehumidifiers can help to reduce humidity levels in your home and prevent the growth of these harmful allergens.
- Carbon monoxide detectors – If you have a natural or LP gas to power anything inside your home, a carbon monoxide (CO) detector is a must have. CO is a colorless and odorless gas that is emitted when gas powered appliances are used. Unknown leaks or faulty exhaust mechanisms can allow the harmful gasses to accumulate inside your home. Left unchecked, occupants can develop nausea, headaches or other serious illnesses. CO poisoning may also result in death.
- Air purifying plants – An easy and less expensive fix for purifying air on a small-scale is having certain plants to help improve the IAQ. The plants absorb some pollutants and produce oxygen. Examples of air purifying plants include spider plants, peace lilies and snake plants.
It’s important to note that while these IAQ products can be very beneficial for allergy season, they should not replace other measures for managing allergies, such as avoiding triggers and seeking medical advice.
To make your indoor air as safe and pure as possible, contact Masters Heating & Cooling to learn more about the many indoor air quality solutions we offer.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis