DIY Spring Tune-Up On Your HVAC System
Spring is a great time of the year to perform some preventive maintenance on your heating and AC system. Preventive maintenance is crucial to ensure that your air conditioner is going to keep your home comfortable and cool this summer. If you wait until summer arrives to have us come out, or you don’t have maintenance performed at all, you run the risk of sudden breakdowns in the uncomfortable heat of summer. That’s why it’s important to schedule an HVAC tune-up from the professionals here at Masters Heating and Cooling.
Schedule An Annual HVAC Tune-Up
You should have our experts come out once per year to run a professional tune-up and cleaning , but you can also do some things yourself that will help your system run at its best for many years to come:
- Clean or replace your furnace filter. You should do this about once every 30 days, ideally. A dirty filter makes your system work harder to force air through, which means you’ll end up paying more for your energy bills. It will also shorten the life of the blower motor, and you’ll end up having to pay to have professionals come out and replace the blower motor – or the entire system, if necessary.
- Clear away sticks, dirt, leaves and other debris from around your AC unit. In order to work properly and efficiently, the compressor in your outdoor unit requires good airflow. If there are plants or shrubs growing near the unit, be sure to prune those back. You want to leave about three feet of open space all around your outdoor AC unit.
- Keep your thermostat constant – better yet, contact our HVAC technicians to help you choose and install a programmable thermostat. This will keep your home comfortable, ensure your system runs at its best efficiency, and will save you from having to tinker with the thermostat constantly.
- Call Masters and make an appointment to have us inspect your system. We’ll check all connections, fluids and components and survey for any undetected issues or problems before they become large, expensive problems. One of the most important aspects of regular maintenance on an AC unit is checking for refrigerant leaks, which poses a threat to the environment and is a major cause of system failure. In fact, the EPA states that a system that is only ½ lb. low on refrigerant equates to 20% more usage!
Call Masters Heating & Cooling
Contact Masters and make your HVAC tune-up appointment today . Spring is the best time of the year to have us make sure everything is in safe, proper working order before the hot summer heat arrives. Call us today before the summer is here!
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis