5 Sneaky Culprits of a Leaking Fauce
The Unsuspected Leaking Faucet: 5 Sneaky Culprits & When To Call A Plumber:
There’s a fair chance you’ve been disturbed by the non-stop drip of a leaky faucet. It’s not only irritating but also detrimental to both your wallet and the environment. Unveiling the root cause can sometimes feel like solving a mystery. So, let’s explore five sneaky culprits behind that constant dripping.
- Corroded Valve Seat: The valve seat is the connection between the faucet and the spout, and corrosion can result in leakage around the spout. Regular cleaning helps prevent this damage.
- Worn Out Washer: The most common cause of a leaky faucet is a worn-out washer. With each use, the washer is forced against the valve seat, causing friction and deterioration.
- Improper Washer Installation: If the washer is not installed correctly, not the right size or not of good quality, your faucet can start leaking.
- O-Ring Issues: A small disc attached to the stem screw, the O-ring, can become loose or wear out over time, leading to a leaky handle.
- Seal Deterioration: With regular usage, inlet and outlet seals may become worn out or sediment-filled. This necessitates seal replacements.
While you might be able to solve some of these issues with a DIY approach, other more complex issues warrant the assistance of a professional plumber. If you’ve replaced the washer, O-ring, or seals, and your faucet is still dripping, it’s time to call in the experts. Unresolved, this issue can cause severe damage to your plumbing system, leading to expensive repairs. Contact Masters Heating & Cooling to get your leaky faucet repaired.
Also, if you find it challenging to determine the cause of the leak or if the faucet continues to leak after multiple attempts at fixing it, it’s a good idea to call Masters. One of our trained team members can identify underlying problems that may not be evident, ensuring your faucet functions efficiently and saving you from future trouble.
A leaky faucet might seem a minor issue, but it can spiral into a bigger problem if not addressed promptly. For quick and efficient help, contact Masters Heating & Cooling today!
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis