Is Geothermal Cooling And Heating Economic?
The short answer to that headline question is yes, yes, and yes. But since most people are unfamiliar with this type of system, let me explain why a geothermal system from Masters Heating & Cooling is an economical choice.
How It Works
Geothermal technology utilizes a resource that is free and constant: the ground temperature beneath the surface of your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN home. Just a few feet below the surface, the temperature remains nearly constant year-round. Geothermal systems tap into this steady and endless resource with a loop system of piping buried in the ground. An indoor ground source heat pump unit takes air from your home, sends it through the loop system for climate control and then returns it to the house. The same system provides economical summer cooling and winter heating.
Reasons To Consider Geothermal
Let’s get one thing out of the way right now: Yes, geothermal systems are going to cost more upfront. Sticker shock aside, there are still many reasons why it’s a choice that makes sense. Consider:
- Lower operating costs. Depending on the type of system it replaces, a geothermal heating and cooling system can cut utility bills as much as 50-70 percent. Most experts say the higher upfront cost can be recovered in 3-5 years.
- If going green is important, geothermal is a great choice. Traditional forced air systems have provided comfort for decades, but despite increased efficiency they do contribute to global warming and ozone layer damage. Geothermal greatly reduces your carbon footprint.
- No outside noise. Don’t you hate it when the AC kicks on while you are socializing on the deck or patio? No such problem since a ground source heat pump is installed indoors instead of outside.
- That also leads to an increased lifespan. Since they are not exposed to the elements, ground source heat pumps can easily last 25 years. The underground loops can be guaranteed to last 50 years.
Additionally, federal tax credits and local energy-saving incentives can help offset the higher installation costs.
Masters Heating & Cooling, Inc. is proud to offer Water Furnace brand geothermal systems for homeowners in Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, and Mishawaka, IN. These ground source heat pumps are manufactured by American workers right here in Fort Wayne. To learn more about the economic advantages of geothermal heating and cooling, call Masters now to schedule your no-obligation appointment. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis