Indoor Air vs. Outdoor Air
When we think of air pollution, we often conjure images of factory smokestacks and automobiles pumping fumes into the air or smoke from fires wafting through the countryside. When we think about these things, we often also think that we can escape these air pollution factors by retreating inside our homes. While it is true that our home’s HVAC system will help protect us from these outside pollutants, what we don’t realize is the quality of our indoor air may be just as bad in and of itself. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency estimates that indoor air quality is often 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air. This is an important statistic, because various studies show that we humans spend roughly 90 percent of our time indoors. Masters Heating & Cooling wants our customers to breathe the cleanest air possible, so let’s take a look at the benefits of good indoor air quality (IAQ) .
Indoor Air Quality
Poor air quality, whether indoor or outdoor, can have a profound effect on your health. Studies show that airborne particles from pollutants and allergens are linked to: cardiovascular disease, stroke, asthma, cancer and elevated allergy and respiratory problems. Symptoms include eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, nausea and dizziness. Here are common causes of poor indoor air quality:
- Dust and pet dander
- Mold and cigarette smoke
- Radon and carbon monoxide, gases emitted from the earth and when fuel-burning appliances are used
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from cleaning supplies, paint and building materials
Here are some preventative measures to help keep your home’s IAQ healthy:
- Change air filters in your home regularly
- Make sure you have proper ventilation when cooking, cleaning or painting indoors
- Install carbon monoxide and radon detectors in all rooms or at least high traffic areas and bedrooms and change batteries regularly
Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood & Mishawaka, In Iaq Specialists
Masters has taken care of the HVAC needs of Fort Wayne and the surrounding communities since 1980 and we specialize in ensuring healthy indoor air quality. Consult with our professionally licensed technicians today to schedule an indoor air quality analysis. This analysis will help us determine what solutions we can offer to improve your IAQ . These solutions can include air purifiers, humidifiers/dehumidifiers, specialty air filters and ultraviolet light systems that take the fight directly to mold, germs and other bacteria hiding in your home. We can also outfit your home with the latest in carbon monoxide detectors. Masters uses only quality manufacturers such as Carrier, Aprilaire and Honeywell, so you can count on long lasting and effective performance. So call today and let’s get your IAQ healthy… Masters gets there faster!
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Greenwood & Indianapolis