When Is The Best Time To Replace HVAC System?
I really wish I could tell you with a straight face that the best time to replace your HVAC system is never, but of course that’s unrealistic. Masters Heating & Cooling knows just about every Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN homeowner will experience a furnace or A/C replacement at some time during their lives.
Common Reasons For Replacement
There can be a number of reasons to make the decision to replace an HVAC system including:
- Age—Father time is undefeated and after a certain number of years the danger of a system failure increases exponentially.
- Performance—If the system no longer keeps your home comfortable then you shouldn’t put up with it and it’s time to make a change.
- Cost of repair—There will come a time when repair no longer makes any sense financially.
- Efficiency—If you are spending more money every month on utility bills, a furnace or AC replacement makes a lot of sense.
- Catastrophic failure—If there is damage that simply can’t be repaired you will need an immediate replacement.
It’s important to note that except for the final item on this list the homeowner can be proactive about WHEN to do the furnace or AC replacement and that is a huge advantage.
Seasonality Is Important
Here is the key word when it comes to replacing an HVAC system: Seasonality. Masters is like every other HVAC company. Our busy times of the year are summer and winter when, depending on the weather, we can be overwhelmed by maintenance calls. That can translate into a slower turnaround time for a furnace or air conditioner replacement and more inconvenience for the homeowner.
When Is The Best Time?
Generally, the off-season is defined as September to mid-November and from early March to mid-May. During that time Masters will have more time to schedule your replacement and get it done more quickly. Additionally, because it is the slow season this is when you will see the best sales and rebates. Now go back and look at the list of reasons for replacing an HVAC system and if you feel the time is right for a furnace or AC replacement, make a plan to do it based on seasonality, not immediate need. Call Masters Heating & Cooling now for a no-obligation estimate. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to learn more about the services offered by Masters.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis