Better Indoor Air Quality Decreases The Risk Of Coronavirus
Millions of people are being vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. The hope is this country is in the home stretch of the battle against this particular strain of the coronavirus. Here is what needs to be remembered: This won’t be the last time the world has to deal with a viral pandemic. It might not happen for another 20 years or longer, but it could happen again next year. Just another reason to consider improving the indoor air quality in your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN home.
It’s About Improving The Odds
This issue is doubly important because so many families have been spending countless hours indoors trapped in home offices and classrooms. Masters Heating & Cooling isn’t here to pledge 100% protection against COVID-19, other strains of the coronavirus, or other dangerous viral infections. However, we do have indoor air quality solutions to improve the odds and protect your family.
Choosing The Right Option
Typical HVAC filters aren’t effective at limiting COVID-19 exposure in your home, but there are other choices when it comes to filtration and air purification. Here is a closer look at some of the available options:
- Activated Carbon Filter— These are highly absorbent, and the carbon is able to bond chemically with many impurities making it easier to remove them from the air in your house. Activated carbon is also exceptionally good at capturing pollutants like volatile organic compounds, gases, tobacco smoke and odors.
- Ultraviolet Lights— The lights are installed inside the HVAC system and treat the air before it’s circulated throughout the home. The UV technology is very effective at killing bacteria and viruses, but it doesn’t trap particulates, so it needs to be used in conjunction with a filtering system.
- HEPA Filter Technology— In order to be called HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) these filters must trap at least 99.97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns. This does include many bacteria, and viruses. Two things to note about HEPA systems:
- These filters restrict airflow so much they are not a common indoor air quality solution for residential HVAC systems. HEPA filtration is more likely to be found in industrial and medical settings.
- As good as they are at trapping very small particles, they do not remove odors, chemicals, or gases unless used in combination with other technologies.
- Ionization— These air purifiers use charged particles to clean the air. The negative ions magnetically attract airborne particles like pollen and dust. The particles then get too heavy and cannot stay airborne.
Check Out The Deals From Masters
Masters Heating & Cooling regularly offers special deals for air purification in your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN home. Currently that includes:
- Receive a free InfinityⓇ Air Purifier with purchase of a qualifying Carrier air conditioner or heat pump. This system captures and kills 99% of coronavirus in its filter.
- Buy a select Carrier system and receive a free Respicare Oxy4 Air Purifier. This unit combines two technologies, ultraviolet light and ionization, to improve your indoor air quality.
- Masters also features the Respicare Plasma Ionizer which is a completely natural air enhancement device.
Always Ready To Help
Call Masters Heating & Cooling now to learn more about protecting your family against COVID-19. Schedule a no obligation appointment to determine the best way to improve the indoor air quality in your home. For more great information like this be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis