What Is The Most Energy Efficient HVAC System?
My dad was a died-in-the wool Ford man. For the most part he loved every one of them from multiple family cars to his prized 1954 Ford pickup. It doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have loved to have had a Lincoln or Cadillac. What’s the point of this little stroll down memory lane? When it comes to heating and cooling your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN home or business, you can love what you have, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t other choice which are more energy efficient.
Hvac Systems For Your Home
The vast majority of heating and cooling systems are forced air systems. A furnace that heats and an air conditioner that cools equipped with a blower that distributes the conditioned air throughout the house. Masters Heating & Cooling sells and services some of the finest and most efficient central HVAC systems on the market. Those are the “Fords”.
Geothermal Heating & Cooling
But now about that Lincoln or Cadillac. When it comes to heating and cooling Masters firmly believes the best comparison is geothermal. It offers several advantages over traditional forced air systems, most notably energy efficiency. That’s because geothermal takes advantage of what amounts to free energy: The constant temperature of the ground just a few feet below the surface is a great source for heating during the winter and cooling during the summer.
Don’t Be Scared Away
Like my dad was intimidated by the sticker price of those Lincolns and Cadillacs, geothermal systems are going to cost more upfront. But just like those cars, a geothermal system will bring a bit of luxury into your life along with several other advantages:
- Geothermal is so efficient it can cut your utility bills as much as 50-70 percent. This means you can usually recover the higher upfront cost in 3-5 years.
- The efficiency leads to a greatly reduced carbon footprint. Traditional forced air systems use much more electricity or natural gas which contributes to global warming and ozone layer damage.
- A ground source heat pump is installed indoors meaning it’s not exposed to the elements. This means it lasts much longer than a traditional air source heat pump that is installed outside. The buried pipes that tap into the constant underground temperature can be guaranteed to last 50 years.
- Because the heat pump is inside there is no outside noise. That’s a big deal when you have company and are trying to socialize on the deck or patio.
Learn More About Moving Up
Geothermal HVAC systems aren’t for everyone. There’s nothing wrong with a good quality “Ford” but call Masters Heating & Cooling to learn more about how you can move up to the Lincolns and Cadillacs of HVAC systems. We will be happy to schedule a no-obligation estimate for an energy efficient system in your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood, or Mishawaka, IN home. For more great information, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis