What’s That Scary Sound Coming From The Furnace?
It won’t be long now before the spookiest of holidays – Halloween – is upon us. Oh how fun it is to enjoy all the costumes, candy and frightening fun! There are plenty of scary things that go bang in the night when all the ghosts and goblins come out to play, but one thing that shouldn’t make weird noises is your home’s furnace. In fact, while all the Halloween mayhem is taking place outside, your furnace should be quietly going about its business inside. Masters Heating & Cooling Inc. specializes in HVAC maintenance, repairs and replacement, so read on to see what kind of noises you shouldn’t ignore.
Scary Furnace Sounds
Noises coming from your furnace can signal easily fixed issues or they could be the harbingers of something more serious. Either way, if you hear any of these sounds coming from your furnace, give Masters a call right away.
- Metal on Metal. Scraping or obvious metal on metal clanking could mean issues with the blower wheel. The fan may have come loose or is broken and hitting the housing; either way, this situation needs immediate attention.
- Banging/Booming. Sometimes when your furnace first tries to cycle on, accumulated dirt on the burners may keep them from igniting. This can result in a gas buildup that can cause a loud bang or boom when it does finally ignite. Over time, this could damage the heat exchanger and allow deadly carbon monoxide to leak out. This also requires immediate attention by a licensed professional.
- High-Pitched Squealing/Screeching/Whining. Any kind of high-pitched noises can mean a few different things, such as a loose blower fan belt, loose/vibrating shaft bearings or other issues with the blower motor. While not as serious loud bangs or booms, call a service pro ASAP to keep the issue from becoming more serious and causing a furnace breakdown.
Hvac Company To The Rescue: Masters
Scary furnace sounds can be prevented – or at least minimized – by keeping up with regular HVAC maintenance. Masters has provided top notch HVAC service in the Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, Greenwood and Mishawaka, IN areas since 1980 and knows just what your furnace needs to keep your home warm during the winter. Call us today to find out about our Energy Savings Agreement maintenance plan. We handle all of the scheduling and keep you on track. Membership benefits include a 17-point precision furnace tune-up, priority service and discounts on parts and labor. Give us a call: Masters gets there faster!
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Greenwood & Indianapolis