Why Is My AC Making Loud Noises?
If you’re experiencing loud noises from your AC unit, it’s important to have it inspected by a professional HVAC technician, like Masters Heating & Cooling. A Masters trained technician will diagnose the issue and recommend the best course of action to get your AC unit back to its optimal working condition.
Regular maintenance and cleaning also helps to prevent issues from arising in the first place. To avoid an unexpected AC repair, it’s a good idea to schedule routine AC maintenance appointments with Masters Heating & Cooling before cooling season ramps up.
However, there are several reasons why your AC might be making loud noises. Here are some of the most common:
- A dirty or clogged air filter can cause your AC to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to loud noises. The air filter should be replaced regularly to prevent this issue.
- Over time, the various parts of your AC can become loose or worn, which can cause rattling or banging noises. Loose screws, bolts or fan blades are some examples of components that can cause these types of noises.
- The fan motor is responsible for circulating air throughout your AC unit. If the motor is damaged or malfunctioning, it can cause loud noises or even complete failure of the unit.
- If there is a refrigerant leak in your AC system, it can cause a hissing or bubbling noise. This is a serious issue that should be addressed immediately, as refrigerant leaks can be dangerous and can cause damage to your AC unit. Call Masters Heating & Cooling for an appointment.
- The condenser unit is responsible for releasing heat from your AC system. If it becomes blocked by debris or other obstructions, it can cause your AC to make loud noises or even stop working altogether.
- As your AC unit gets older, it may begin to make more noise due to wear and tear on the various components. If your AC unit is 12 – 15 years old, a newer, more efficient unit will keep you more comfortable and may even save money on energy costs over time.
To keep your AC running at its best or to handle any AC repair, call Masters Heating & Cooling today to schedule an appointment with one of our professional AC technicians.