In What Ways Does Air Pollution Affect Overall Health?
Masters Heating & Cooling is worried that even after years of research and publicity, too many people in Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, and Greenwood, IN are minimizing the health risks associated with outdoor air pollution and poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
Types Of Pollution
The most common sources of outdoor pollutants are from burning fossil fuels in power plants and vehicles. This includes carbon monoxide, various nitrogen oxides, volatile organic compounds, and particulate pollution. All these pollutants can contribute to some serious health symptoms:
- Chronic respiratory diseases such as emphysema, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Damage to the lungs even after immediate symptoms disappear.
- Chest pain, wheezing, headache, and nausea.
- Disease and infection resistance is reduced.
- Increased fatigue
Many People Are High Risk
It’s clear even healthy people can experience health impacts from exposure to all types of air pollution. The level of concern increases rapidly in people that are most at risk, including:
- Anyone with heart disease
- Anyone with a respiratory illness
- Women who are pregnant
- Older adults
- Children under age 14
- Anyone who exercises vigorously
Focus On What You Can Control
Masters can’t control what happens outside your Fort Wayne, Decatur, Angola, Indianapolis, and Greenwood, IN home but there are many options to consider when it comes to improving your indoor air quality including premium filters and air purifiers. You should consider these options because many homes and workplaces don’t have adequate ventilation and IAQ is often unhealthier than outside air.
Air Purifier Vs Air Filter
The idea behind an air purifier is that it will remove much smaller particles than an air filter. Additionally, there are certain types of air purifiers that will actually kill molds, bacteria, and many viruses. This is how the purification process is different from the filtering process. While there are no guarantees, improving indoor air quality does provide increased protection against COVID19 and similar viruses. Call Masters Heating & Cooling to learn more about the many products that can make the air you breathe cleaner. Call now to schedule a no-obligation appointment. To learn more about the services we offer be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Why Choose Masters Heating & Cooling?
Northeast Indiana's HVAC & Plumbing Experts
- Licensed, insured & NATE-certified technicians
- Carrier Customer Specialist with experience servicing all brands
- Free estimates on replacement quotes
- Upfront pricing & financing options
- Background-checked technicians
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- Serving Fort Wayne, Decatur, Greenwood & Indianapolis